lunes, 11 de julio de 2022

BLOG 6: A GREAT ARTIST

 HI EVERYONE!!

Lotty Rosenfeld

Lotty Rosenfeld was a Chilean visual artist. She was born in 1943 and died in 2020. In 1968 she graduated from the Art School of the University of Chile. She was very active politically, especially during the dictatorship. She took her practice to the public space, developing many interventions, art actions and performance. In 1979 she formed CADA (Colectivo de acciones de arte) along with Juan Castillo, Fernando Balcelles, Diamela Eltit and Raúl Zurita.

She also worked individually in works such as "Una milla de cruces en el pavimento" (1979); highlighting the action, but also photography and video, which she used as a record and also as an artistic medium.





I like this artist very much because she uses art, through collective and also individual actions, to deliver clear messages regarding the social and political context in which she lived. I find this very important and I feel this is like a reference for me. I would love to do something like that.

Goodbye!



2 comentarios:

Blog 1: A country I would like to visit

 Hi everyone!  My name is Nayharet Castillo Hurtado and It is the first blog of English IV: A country I would like to visit. I would like to...